Friday, December 4, 2009

Extra Information

Typically, on domestic builds, we prepare our own meals. Emillia has done a great job having local organizations like Coffees of Hawaii and Kuma Organic Farms donate fruits and coffees for our breakfast. Local volunteers will be providing lunches on site for the team, and there are several nights where will be dining out. Pretty wonderful!

When we get to the island, I will need a few people to volunteer to set up breakfast in the morning and on the evenings, a few people to volunteer in prepping dinner.
These will be simple, easy meals as I've said. We will have cereal, granola, fresh fruit, coffee, tea & juices in the morning and for dinner, Kuma Farms is providing some delicious fresh pesto & pasta and fixings for salad, so it looks like we have most of the work cut out for us.

There is a bonus for these options. My mother, Sally, will be volunteering with the office team and will be on hand to help with meals.

We will also have a laundry run on Wednesday or Thursday. Usually, two people from the team will volunteer for this job instead of going to the build site. This is why it is important that you bring your own laundry bag with your name clearly labeled on it and it's when we really get to know you!

So, when you're on your long flight to Hawaii from Ohio, Alaska, New York, etc, think about which side volunteer work you think you'd like to help out with. Personally, I'm a coffee person. You'll quickly come to learn that I need my java in the morning, preferably before speaking, thus, making the coffee tends to be my side work!

Many of you have asked about internet connection. I am still working on that aspect. I believe that I can bring an airport to the retreat center, but if not, I will better have that information once I get to Molokia. I arrive on the 22nd of December to advance the team, so I hope to have answers for whatever questions you have.

Lastly, the Pau Lana Inn is a retreat center - very simple. Each room has two beds, with linens, night table, lamps and a separate, private bathroom. There is a pool that should be open for us as well as a full commercial kitchen and lanai where we take our meals and conduct team meetings.

The beach is lovely, and the Inn is providing kayaks as well.

I hope this answers some of your questions and I look forward to meeting you all in person.

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment